Japanese Chinese Traditional Chinese Simplified Korean English
About DISCO Investors CSR
HomeNews ReleasesSolutionsProduct InformationCustomer SupportCustomer SatisfactionContact
DISCO HOME > Solutions > Kiru, Kezuru, Migaku Topics > An ultra-compact (DWR series) deionized water recycling unit for use with dicing saws > Advantage 5: Zero Wastewater from Dicing Saws


An ultra-compact (DWR series) deionized water recycling unit for use with dicing saws

Advantage 5: Zero Wastewater from Dicing Saws
Advantage of using DWR: x10
5. Zero Wastewater from Dicing Saws
In the dicing process, deionized water for blade cooling and wafer cleaning is essential, and approximately 10 L of water used needs to be drained every minute in the regular dicing process. Therefore, when a dicing saw is installed, a discharge port and dedicated piping facility are required to collect the drainage into the factory’s deionized water circulation plant, and dicing saws cannot be used in places where there are no discharge ports.
Moreover, in general circular deionized water plants, approximately 10% of wastewater is generated by removing particles using a cross-flow filter when recycling the cutting water. The water is wastewater which is concentrated with components including silicon fragments, and there are some cases in which it cannot be run directly into the sewers.

The DWR recycles all cutting water wastewater just by installing the equipment next to the dicing saw. The DWR can be installed anywhere since piping for water collection is not required. Particles are removed with the dead-end filtering method using DISCO’s unique CC filter. 99.5% of wastewater is recycled and the remaining 0.5% becomes mist and is vacuumed into the duct. Thus, liquid waste is generated during deionized water recycling.
Circulation deionized water plant DWR
Piping facility Required Not required
Filtering method Cross-flow method Dead-end filtering method
Filter configuration

Also, with the CC filter, the DWR can dispose of dehydrated and concentrated fragments as normal industrial waste, reducing labor and disposal costs dramatically. Materials which require special processing are not used in the CC filter and toxic materials such as dioxin are not generated when it is burnt. The CC filter can be disposed of as industrial waste depending on the materials of the wafer fragments contained in the cutting wastewater.

By collecting the wastewater using CC filter, special wastewater disposal is not required, even for cutting wastewater used to process highly toxic wafers such as GaAs. Rare metals contained in cutting wastewater can be also collected with CC filter. DWR is effective in cases such as these in which installing a wastewater disposal system using conventional facilities was becoming an obstacle.

If you have any inquiries about this article, please contact your DISCO sales representative, or send your inquiry to .

Kiru, Kezuru, Migaku Topics
Applications Example
DISCO Technical Review
Solutions Support

KABRA Used semiconductor equipment
Personal Information Protection Policy
User Agreement
Use of the DISCO Corporate Name
Guarantee policy for customer using DISCO Products
Back To Top